The Town of Hempstead/Mount Sinai South Nassau’s Vaxmobile now offers flu shots and COVID-19 booster shots to eligible residents!
The Vaxmobile will be at the below Senior Centers. To schedule an appointment, go to www.southnassau.org/sn/vaxmobile
or call 516-377-5333. Only a limited supply of walk-ups are accepted.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20, 10am-1pm - Oceanside Senior Center at St. Anthony’s Church, 88 Anchor Ave., Oceanside
- Thursday, Oct. 21, 10am-1pm - Uniondale Senior Center, 840 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale
- Thursday, Oct. 28, 10am-1pm - Baldwin Senior Center, 1810 N. Grand Ave., Baldwin
FREE Consultation with an Attorney on Thursday, October 28, 2021
AREAS: Bankruptcy, Divorce & Family Issues, Employment, Mortgage Foreclosure & Housing, Senior Citizen Issues, Landlord/Tenant, etc. Residents may request an attorney who speaks a different language. Registration is required - call 516-747-4070 x1231 to register.
Virtual and in-person bereavement groups are available this fall through NYU Langone and Northwell Health.
- NYU Langone Bereavement Support Groups: For information and registration, please call 516-663-4749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwell Health Bereavement Support Groups: For information and registration, please call 516-562-4750 or email email@example.com.
- Good Shepherd Hospice Bereavement Support: Please call for information 516-465-6262 or 631-465-6262.
Click here for a detailed flyer.
Human Services Ministries – August and September 2021 Summaries
In the months of August and September, we served a total of 124 individuals in 69 households, distributing 159 bags of pantry items and $1300 in gift cards. As always, thank you to the St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Family who donated 131 bags of pantry items, $1030 in gift cards and $1580 in financial donations. Details of August and September activity in all Human Services Ministries are available at https://www.stthomasapostle.org/Our-Parish/Human-Services
We have been in contact with 3 families (10 people, 6 children) impacted by the September 19 fire in Lakeview. To date, we have provided them with 15 bags of pantry items and $350 in gift cards, and will continue our support as they recover from the devastation. The St. Thomas the Apostle Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul will also consider requests from the families for help with re-location expenses and welcomes your support in its mission of charity. Donations to St. Vincent de Paul Society can be dropped off at Human Services or the Rectory. Additionally, the Lakeview Public Library (1120 Woodfield Rd.) is accepting donations of clothing, toiletries, and household items to help the impacted families begin rebuilding their lives.
The pantry is currently in need of:
- Pop-tarts & crackers
- Small containers of mayo & mustard
- Canned fruit
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Shampoo & conditioner
A complete list of pantry items available to our clients can be found by clicking here
. Stop & Shop gift cards in small denominations enabling clients to purchase perishables are always welcome. Please note – All donations must be brought to Human Services.